Screenshot error on Windows: Screenshots have become a new normal these days and people are using screenshots for several works. Creating a screenshot on your computer is easy. All you need to do is press on the print screen and you will get a screenshot.
There have been instances or problems where people were unable to save the screenshots or screenshots were not being taken while pressing the print screen option in Windows 10. In this article, we will fix the issue of What To Do if the screenshot is not working on your Windows device. Follow the below-given solutions one by one.
Fix your screenshot error on Windows laptop
Check if the print screen key is enabled:
Please check on your keyboard that if you have a F mode or a F lock key. If you have one such key on your keyboard, press it and try taking a screenshot again. This is because such keys prevent you from using your print screen Key for taking screenshots.
Stop all background programs:
If you have done the above step and still your print screen is not working. You will have to need to kill all background programs.
Some of the background programs, like one drive Dropbox and Snippet tool, can take over the print screen key and then prevent you from taking screenshots on your computer. This happens because when one or the other program is using your print screen key, the device cannot use it to take howtodoascreenshot. You can kill all the programs using the following steps.
- Right-click on your toolbar and select task manager.
- Or press control + shift + ESC key together to open Task Manager.
- Right-click on all the programs Present there and click on the end task at the bottom.
- Or you can also click on the program and click on the end task at the bottom of the task manager.
This will kill all the Available programs and the print screen option may work now.
Try alternative hotkey combinations:
If pressing the print screen doesn’t work, you can also try alternative key combinations. It will take a screenshot for you.
- Alt + print screen: This will capture the currently selected window. And you can open, paint and paste the image from the clipboard.
- Win key + print screen: This will save that screenshot to a PNG file in a default pictures or screenshots folder Of your computer.
- To do this on your laptop you need to use it. Function Key + Win-key + print screen.
This will help you fix the screenshot problem. If the hotkeys are not working. Then you need to check for another solution.
Try updating keyboard drivers:
Sometimes this problem arises due to old or incorrect keyboard drivers that are available. Always make sure that your drivers are up to date and Windows 10 is always updated on your device. Now you can try to update the drivers to solve this problem. Please follow the below-given steps to update your drivers.
- Press Windows + X key.
- Click on device manager.
- EXPAND keyboard directory.
- Right-click on the standard PS/2 keyboard.
- Select update driver
- Now select search automatically for updated driver software.
- If you see a promise that says the best driver for your device is already installed, then click on search for updated drivers on Windows Update.
- Wait, for Windows to install the driver automatically.
- Now, after it finishes installing the driver. Go ahead and reboot your device.
This will most probably fix your problem with the print screen option.
If the above step fails to address your problem, then there is no other option but to use an alternative tool to take screenshots on your device.
Using the alternative tool:
Since all the methods are not able to solve the print screen issue in your Windows 10. You have no other option but to use an alternative tool. Snipping tool is a built-in Windows tool that is provided by Windows 10. This application will help you take a screenshot of an entire window or portion of a window or the whole screen. Follow the below-given procedure to open the snipping tool and use it.
- Press Windows + key
- and type snipping tool and
- click the best-matched app to launch it.
- Click on mode and choose a proper sleeping mode from the Pop-Up menu available.
- Now you can select the area which you want to take a screenshot of and simply paste in a paint or snipping sketch.
Checkout: Reduce Image size in KB
This will most probably address your issue. But make sure that you follow all the above procedures before you try To restore force, reboot your computer. If all the above options are not working, Then this might be an issue with your hardware. Check your Keyboard keys, if something is hindering the keys from being pressed. Clean your keyboard and then try again. Hope this has helped you. For more such informative articles, keep visiting this website.
Leave a Reply