There are a variety of reasons why you might want to take a screenshot on your Kindle Fire tablet. You might want to show your friend what you are reading or save something that you are reading for future references. Whatever might be the reasons in this article, we will try to help you take a screenshot of Kindle Fire.
While the first two generations of Kindle Fire did not support inbuilt screen capture. Taking a screenshot on Kindle Fire is now available after 2012. If you are new to the concept of Kindle. Kindle is an E-reader, developed and maintained by Amazon. Amazon Kindle is now running its 10th generation. If you are reading kindle on your Android tablet, go through our article on how to take a screenshot on android devices. The same goes for Apple iOS devices as well. As of now, let’s understand how to take a screenshot on your Kindle.
How to take a screenshot on Amazon Kindle:
When we are talking about taking a screenshot on Kindle, we need to divide the entire amazon kindle lot into two separate groups. The first group will consist of Kindle first-generation and second-generation devices. These devices were launched around 2011 and 2012. The second group of devices is from the third generation to the current generation of Amazon Kindle. The timeline from a third-generation to now is from 2013 to the present day Kindle. Also, note that Amazon has discontinued Kindle and they are now calling them Amazon Fire tablets. If you directly want to go and check how to take a screenshot on every Kindle that has ever launched, read till the end. We have it figured out for you.
Before we go further, let me tell you that the newer generation i,e. the second group of Kindle has a very easy way of taking a screenshot. But in order to take a screenshot of the first and second generation of Amazon Kindle, it is a long and tedious process.
Let us first understand how to take a screenshot in the current Models starting from generation 3:
From the third generation to present generation: (2013 to present day):
- In order to take a screenshot on your Kindle, first, open a page that you want to take a screenshot of.
- Press and hold the power button and the volume button simultaneously for a second.
- Your screen will flash after a second and if the sound is on you will hear a chime.
- Immediately, you will also see a small image of the screenshot appear briefly in the center of the screen of your Kindle.
- You don’t need to save the screenshot. The screenshot will be automatically saved into your internal memory.
- Quick screenshot on kindle, click down the link given below.
First-generation and second-generation: (2011-2012)
As mentioned earlier, it’s a hard process. Initially, these devices did not support inbuilt screenshots function, but after many years, most people figured out the solution.
You need to install extra software that will help you take a screenshot on these devices. If you are still the owner of a first or second-generation Kindle and you are committed to the idea of taking screenshots or using the device. Follow the below-given steps carefully to install it.
- Go to settings> device > developer options.
- If you are unable to see developer options, click about and tap serial number seven times.
- Either way, you will now end up at developer options.
- Now toggle developer options and USB debugging to ON.
- Sometimes you will only see an ON, OFF button next to enable ADB. If this is your case, click on okay and enable ADB.
- Now download and install Kindle Fire driver from Amazon.
- Download eclipse. Eclipse is a popular desktop developer tool for Android.
- Using the USB cable, connect the Kindle Fire device onto your PC.
- Now, from your Kindle device, select the option connected as a media device from the popup.
- Open eclipse and from the window menu. Click on open perspective > other options > DDMS.
- Now select the tablet that you are using and click on the camera icon.
- Now the device screen capture window will show the current screen as that is shown on the tablet.
- Screen by clicking saves in Eclipse.
- You need to confirm by clicking on done.
Note: Amazon no longer produces the Kindle, and it calls them a fire tablet now.
Kindle Generations and amazon kindle Fire tablets:
The first set of instructions to take a screenshot in this article belong to fire tablet.
Keeping the above note in mind. Kindle let users take a screenshot since November 2007. The only thing is, it is tricky to enable this feature and it varies from one model to another.
Here we tried to take a few minutes to list them all for you in case the first two options don’t work for you.
How to take a screenshot on all generations of Kindle devices:
- The original Kindle, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, Kindle keyboard: To take a screenshot on these devices, press and hold Alt + Shift + G on the keyboard. This will take a screenshot and save it in your internal memory.
- Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle voyage: Since both of these models don’t have any buttons on the front, Amazon has come up with a very brilliant idea. To take a screenshot on these devices, you need to press two opposite corners of the screen, Both at the same time. This tip works with any two opposite corners.
- Kindle Touch: To take a screenshot on your Kindle Touch, press and hold the home button, and then tap the screen to take a perfect screenshot.
- Kindle Generation 4: This model neither comes with a touch screen nor a keyboard, so press and hold the home button and the keyboard button at the same time. This will take a screenshot on your 4th generation Kindle.
Amazon Kindles have become very useful for readers across the world. Lesbian exclusive devices for reading. But later Amazon launched Kindle Fire, which they now call a fire tablet, it runs pretty much like any Android tablet. If any of these combinations don’t work, please let us know in the comments section below so that we can help you out. Please follow this space for more such screenshot queries, be it for gaming consoles like Ps4 and 5, windows devices, or iOS devices.
Leave a Reply