iPhone is known to have one of the best cameras out there in the market today. All the images that you take with a camera or the screenshot that you take on your phone are of high quality and require a larger file size. Here, we are speaking about the file size of the image size of every picture that is being taken on your iPhone. Now there may be any number of reasons as to why someone wants to reduce the file size of the screenshot or a photo. In this article, we will tell you How do I change the size of my screenshots on iPad and iPhone.
Now let’s dive in and look at some of the most usual and the most unusual ways to reduce the file size of your images or screenshots.
How do I make my iPhone Screenshot Smaller?
Compress your screenshots or photos using emails:
Although this my a local little weird, this will work for almost any mobile phone irrespective of the OS that it is running on. When you’re about to send photos via email on your mobile phone, iOS prompts you to choose the size for the image. You will basically get to choose from small, medium, large and the actual size option on your iPhone. Collect the screenshot or the picture that you want to compress. And send it to yourself through the Mail on your iPhone. Now download the email to your photos app and delete the original screenshot from your iPhone. This way your screenshot will now be with much lesser file size.
Note: Do not worry about the picture quality as it is not very much affected. If you want to increase the picture quality(click here).
Resize the screenshot or a photo with the convectional Photos app on iPhone:
Yes, as you are already aware that your iPhone camera is one of the most powerful tools on your iPhone. The photos app that is available on your iPhone is also one of the ablest editing tools available. As you might already know that the photos app will help you brighten or darken the image, change the colour of the image, crop the image and much more. It can also help you in How to reduce file size on iPad.
How do I reduce the size of a screenshot on my iPad and iPhone?
The answer to this question is very easy. Just follow the below-given steps to resize an image on your iPhone.
- Open the image or the screenshot that you want on your photos app.
- Click on the edit option that is on the top right corner of your screen.
- You will now have to select the 3rd option. At the bottom of your screen that says crop.
- After this, at the top right corner of your screen, just beside the three-dot menu, you will find a resize option.
- Here the photos app on your iPhone will allow you to resize using a few preset image ratios.
Also know that while all these preset image ratios are fully predefined and none of them can resize the image in a carefully customised way as you want it to be. To resize the screenshot image in a customised way, you need to use 3rd party editing tools.
Checkout: Screenshot doesn’t Work on iPhone Why?
How to resize screenshots and photos on your iPhone and iPad?
As mentioned above, your convectional photos app does not have the ability to resize the image as customised. That is the reason why downloading an app like image size is probably one of the best decisions you will take to get a picture-perfect image size.
After you download the image size application on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store. Follow the below-given procedure to Resize the image.
- Launch the image size application from your home screen.
- The image icon is present at the top of your screen. The image icon will look like a photograph.
- From your library that appears, pick an image that you would like to resize By clicking choose in the lower right corner.
- Now select the image to resize option at the top of the page.
- You can now resize the image by pixel, millimetre, centimetre and inches also.
- It is probably the best idea to manually add in the size of your image.
- Make sure you download the image onto your iPhone or iPad. By clicking the download image, the result at the bottom left corner.
Note: Note that, Even if the image size application can change the position of the icons on the screen. The above steps can be followed easily By clicking the above-mentioned icons wherever they appear on the screen.
Recommended: Top Apps to take Screenshots on iOS Devices iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Irrespective of your reason for resizing, screenshot or Photos on your iPhone or iPad. We would like to tell you that there is a benefit with resizing or compressing your photos. The majority of you might actually be resizing your photos for saving some of the space on your devices. As we have told you resizing photos or screenshots on your iPhone and iPad is pretty much easy. We also wish that the photos app would let you resize images. I hope Apple is listening! But as of now, we do have 3rd party applications that are available for free that are helping us do it. If you do have more questions about resize options for your screenshots or photos on your iPhone and iPad. Do drop them in the comments section below.
Leave a Reply