The next time you want to reduce an image of a screenshot. Don’t think of paying for Any photo editing app to resize your image such as Photoshop etc. Screenshot tools whether they come along with the OS of the device. screenshot applications whether they come along with the operating system of your device or as a 3rd party application they will always favor high resolution and good quality images. As a matter of fact, all the screenshot applications are judged by how well they take a screenshot. But unfortunately, the better the image the larger the file size will be on your device. In this article, let us discuss how to reduce the file size of your screenshot using your Mac OS.
Reducing the file size of your screenshot using Mac OS is pretty much easy. All you need to do is a workaround with the preview application of your Mac OS and resize the image for free. By the end of this article, you will learn to Reduce Screenshot Image Size on Mac.
let’s cut to the chase and follow the below-given steps to Reduce the file size of your image.
How to compress an image with the Mac Preview application?
Procedure: Reduce Screenshot Image Size on Mac
- Go to your application folder and open the image in your preview.
- Go to the tools option that is present on the up upper corner of your screen, and select adjust the size.
- in the next window, Make sure that the drop-down next to the image width and height always says pixels.
- you also need to notice the number displayed in the “width and height” field. These numbers are responsible for the file size of your image.
Checkout: Apps to reduce screenshot image size
- Or you can also click on the “fit into” option present in the width and height drop-down menu and choose an image size that is less than the current height of the image.
- Numbers like 800×600, 640×480, and 320×240 will mostly give you the desired output.
- You can now notice that in the box area at the bottom under the resulting size the size of the image will keep changing as you keep changing the above credentials. If you think the file size is too large, you can change the above Numbers to an Even smaller ratio.
- Once you are satisfied with the resulting file size, click the OK button that is present in the lower right corner of the window.
- Sometimes the display of the image might look very small. Go to the view option and select the actual size to see the actual size of the image on the screen.
- Do not forget to Save the image using the save as option from the drop-down file menu. Make sure you click only save as rather than save, as it may overwrite your actual Original image.
You now have a reduced-sized Screenshot image by a simple technique using a preview application of your Mac OS.
Leave a Reply