Reduce Screenshot image size: Sometimes you might want to take care of photographs from your camera or a mobile phone or just in case of screenshot and send it to your friends. You will be unable to send the photo to your friends due to the high image quality that it has. Image quality leads to a bigger size, the more the size of the file, the more the chances of it being rejected.
In this article, we will try to learn how to reduce screenshot file size. Over the years, digital cameras or phones have become so advanced and Image quality has skyrocketed. Yes, they are many restrictions regarding the file size that you can send to your friends through Mail or any other medium. Due to the bigger file size. It almost becomes impractical unless you Reduce the Screenshot image size in KB and then try to send it.
Reduce Screenshot image size
If you are using a computer or a laptop or a mobile phone, then runs on Windows OS or Android OS then there are a few images resize tools that have been built into the operating system of Windows and Android.
You can reduce the image file size with paint:
Microsoft Paint is one of the early tools available with Microsoft Windows for a pretty long time. This program is also now a part of Windows 10. And is very much useful in how to reduce image file size and editing them.
Follow the below-given steps carefully to resize an image using paint:
- Open Microsoft Pen from the Start menu.
- Once the app launches click on the file that is present at the upper left corner of the screen In the toolbar.
- After clicking on “file“ select “open” and select the photo file that you want to resize from your local storage.
- You can crop the image to your satisfaction before you can resize it.
- Once you have cropped the image, click on the resize button that is present in the menu bar.
- You can either enter a percentage to scale your image down to a certain fraction of its current dimensions or you can also enter the number of pixels to become its new Dimension.
- You can also take on the checkbox that says “maintain” accept ratio, which will make sure that the images. Not stretched really out of proportion.
- Since you’re saving a screenshot you will want to save it as a PNG file by clicking on the save as option that is present in the menu.
You have now successfully resized your image and can now share it with your friends and family.
Recommended: Top 5 Best Screenshot Apps & Software Tools for Windows
Reduce image size online Microsoft Office:
Using Microsoft Office that comes with every Windows device, you can also compress the picture And this, in turn, reduce image size in kb. Follow the below-given procedure step by step. To compress individual pictures.
- Open your Microsoft Office application from the Start menu.
- Set the picture or the picture that you want to compress and open it in the Microsoft Office application.
- Once you have selected the picture on the Format drop-down menu Under picture tools., you will find the compress picture Option.
- You can also double click on the picture so that you can have to select an open formats tab.
- Now select the apply only to this picture checkbox.
- Under the resolution, create the resolution that you want, and then click OK.
Note: The default picture resolution for compressed Images in Microsoft Office is 220 PPI.
Your images now compressed and are very much smaller in size compared to the original image. You can now share it in any medium possible.
How to reduce image file size using Mail:
This is one of the very clever tricks that you might have never heard before. You might be fair with applications such as WhatsApp that will automatically downgrade images that you send on their platform. You should also know that all the Mail services might be able to do them. When sending a direct Mail from your Windows applications.
Follow the Below given procedure step by steps:
- Open your Windows Explorer.
- Go to the folder that has the pictures you want to downgrade sizes.
- Right-click on the image that you want to send.
- And now click on send to > Mail recipient.
- This will open up a dialog box. If you have selected more than one image, the dialogue box will ask you. Whether to keep the original sizes or make all the pictures smaller?
- But you should click on show more options that are available at the left of the dialogue box.
- You can now select the appropriate picture size from a host Of options. Namely, small, medium, large.
- After you select the desired picture size, click on ok.
- This will open an outlook email. All I need to do is send a normal Mail by giving the recipient’s address. The recipient address will now get the downgraded version Of the images and file sizes will be According to the Options that you have selected.
You will now have a copy of the smaller sizes of the images in your sent Mail.
Checkout: Reduce Screenshot Image or file size on iPhone and iPad
Irrespective of the reason that you want your image sizes or screenshot images downgraded. It is always good to know that the Windows Operating system comes with pre-designed tool tools that can help you do this.
In this article, we have only mentioned the Tools available in Windows 10 to downgrade or reduce the file size of your screenshots. There are a plethora of apps available in the Windows Store In case you want to use any 3rd party applications to downgrade the image. Also, make sure you let us know your go-to application while reducing the size of your screenshots on your Windows device In the comment section below.
Leave a Reply