Free Screenshot Apps for Mac: A Few years ago, screenshots were not really used. In case you worked with codes, You might remember using it to share the error messages with peers. But today you’re going to need to capture your monitor screen often. It could be for many numbers of reasons, personal, work, client and etc. So, here we are. We have bought you some of the best screenshot software for your macOS.
Even though macOS comes with built-in screenshot options, it doesn’t offer users features like annotation, GIF conversion, or encryption. The following Screenshot applications are ae designed for Mac users with the above-referenced features.
The following factors need to be considered to select any screenshot tool for your macOS:
- Easy usage and interface.
- Edit and other functions.
- Capturing options.
- Regular support and updates provided by the company.
- License fee if it is applicable.
- Hardware requirements and software requirements to run the tool on your Mac.
Best Screenshot Apps for Macbook 2021
Snagit screenshot application is one of the most popular screen capture applications. It has over 15 mullion users from both the PC and the Mac community. This cross-platform application will help you capture a screenshot using a control panel on top of your screen. you can then edit the screenshot or screen recording by using the app’s inbuilt editing features. The aesthetic and powerful user interface of SnagIt attracts corporate customers and This is one of the reasons SnagIt made it to the top.
- A mini toolbar at the top makes it easy to capture and edit.
- captures both vertical and horizontal scrolling screenshot. i,e. full page.
- SnagIt records video and can share it across the web, PowerPoint, Word, and email.
- The size of the images can be edited and special effects can be added easily using inbuilt tools.
- you can find and replace text on images using the Optical character recognition (OCR) capabilities.
2. LightshotLightshot app is one of the most easiest and convenient screenshot applications available for Mac. all you need to do is press the print screen button and then select the area of your choice on the screen. the screenshot can be customized as well, you can resize and use it without any problems. you can also search for similar i9mages using the app.
- The light shot is a free screen capture software.
- user friendly and only two button capture. The quickest option among all.
- high-quality images are obtained.
- you can edit and share the screenshot directly online using inbuilt functions.
- Lightshot is a lightweight app and only uses minimal system resources in the background.
TinyTake is another screenshot software available for macOS. The specialty of this TinyTake is that it can also save your screenshot history. You can refer to your previous pictures anytime using this software. You can highlight the images using the colored pens available in the toolbar. TinyTake will also allow you to record videos too.
- It records your activity on a screen.
- Images can also be captured using the webcam.
- You can also blur specific regions using the toolbar.
- Inbuilt file viewer helps to view files and documents including audio and video files.
- the image can be shared across email, web, print, or local drive.
3. SkitchSkitch is one of the most popular Mac-only screenshot software. if you are in a need to always take screenshots and send them to different people on your mac. You can add annotations such as shapes and also blur out unwanted areas. It is best used in projects where you collaborate with a team of people. skitch is a product of Evernote and you can integrate the app with Evernote too.
- This is a free tool available across platforms I,e. windows and Mac
- pixelate tool is present, you can blur unwanted and private information using it.
- you can highlight any part of your screenshot using the in-built tools and share it on different media.
- you can integrate the app with Evernote in case your entire team uses it.
JingJing screenshot tool is unique. This will allow you to capture a screenshot and that screenshot will be stored in screencast.com. Screencast.com will provide you the URL to copy/paste the image in any place you would want. It will also allow the user to capture video in the same manner.
- user-friendly interface.
- easy to share with the link provided by screencast.com
- you can upload the image to social media sites like YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest, Flickr, etc.
- Jing Pro allows the removal of watermarks.
- The software is free and is available for both macOS and Windows.
Checkout: Top 5 Best Screenshot Apps & Software Tools for Windows
we hope that through this article, we have shown you a few of the best screen capture tools for macOS along with their key features. Since we cannot provide the complete details of each and every screenshot software for Mac present in the market. we would like to provide some insight into the factors you should look at while considering a screenshot software for MAC.
Leave a Reply