Screenshots have become an integral part of our day-to-day Lifestyle. There are many reasons why screenshots are being captured on your devices. While taking a screenshot on your mobile device or a personal computer is often easy and is well known. The same is not the case when it comes to taking screenshots of your Gaming screens. Taking a screenshot during your gameplay can immortalize a moment that would otherwise have been lost very quickly. In this article, we will teach you how to take a screenshot on your Xbox One or gaming consoles.
Most of us would really jump at a chance to take a screenshot of your gameplay. The reason might be due to your urge to display your accomplishments to your peers. Or maybe due to your urge to display the abject failure of a friend or a rival. Whatever might be the reason, Screenshots on gaming consoles would help you immortalize those moments and share them with your friends.
Take Screenshot on your Xbox One
Now let’s dive into this article and know how to take a screenshot on Xbox One:
Most of you might not know how to take a screenshot on Xbox One, but don’t be surprised if you come to know that. It is as easy as taking a screenshot on your laptop or a phone.
Follow the below-given steps carefully to :
- Press the Xbox button. This button is located at the center of the controller with the Xbox logo on it.
- This will open a guide. After the guide is open, press the “Y” button that is present at the right side of your controller.
- This will immediately take a screenshot of the gameplay and will Automatically save it.
Note: The important thing that you need to know is that you can only take screenshots while you are in a game. You can’t take screenshots of the home screen or any additional menus that are available on the screen.
How to Share and View Xbox One Screenshots:
As you know already know how to take a screenshot on your Xbox One during gameplay. Let us now know how to view the screenshot that has been automatically saved onto your Device.
- Press the Xbox button.
- Using the right trigger. Go to capture and share options.
- Scroll down until you find recent captures and tap it.
- Remember that you can also edit your screenshots by using the “capture settings” or “advanced settings” options.
- In the “recent captures” menu. Scroll down until you find the show all at the bottom.
- Click on show all and now you can see all the screenshots that you have taken.
- Click on any of the photos that you want to enlarge and then edit or share them.
This is how you share your Xbox screenshots on social media platforms.
How to Delete a Screenshot on your Xbox One:
As mentioned above, Xbox will provide you some internal Memory to store your screenshots. Over a period of time, this memory will cease to exist and is filled up pretty much very easily. At this moment you may want to delete some of the screenshots that are on your Xbox One. In order to do so, please follow the below-given procedure.
- Press the Xbox button that is in the center of your controller and open the menu.
- By clicking on “A” on your controller, press the home button.
- Scroll down until you find recent captures and open them.
- By clicking on the “A” button, select the screenshot that you want to delete.
- After this, you can select to delete it or remove it from your Xbox console or Xbox Live.
- If you are unable to find the capture that you want to delete. Scroll down until you find see all and click on it.
- After this, you will find all the screenshots that have been taken on your Xbox console till now.
- Now find a screenshot that you want to delete. Select it using the “A” button.
- Select the trash can icon again by clicking “A” on your controller.
Your screenshot or the number of screenshots that are selected are, now deleted from your Xbox console.
As an add-on bonus, let us also tell you how to. Record 30sec screen video using Your Xbox console. All you have to do is press the Xbox button at the center of the console and then the “x” button. This will capture the last 30 seconds of your gameplay. To share and to edit these videos, follow the same procedure above that you have followed for taking screenshots. We hope that this article has helped you regarding screenshots in Xbox One. For more such articles and screenshot queries related to gaming consoles other than Xbox. Please check out this space.