Taking a screenshot or video of your gameplay on your Sony PlayStation devices suddenly became easier. This is what exactly happened when Sony introduced the share button on your PlayStation 4 dual shock controller. For those of you who are not familiar with Screenshot on your PlayStation 4, First, go ahead and read our article on PS 4 screenshots. In this article, we will walk you through the process of taking a screenshot or a video on your Sony PlayStation 5 and how to share it online.
With the launch of the Sony PlayStation 5 console, Also comes a new user experience and new ways of doing things at ease. PS 5 provides you with 4k graphics, faster frame rates, and even a bigger game universe when compared to the previous outgoing console. Your PlayStation 4 would let you take perfect photos by clicking the share button on the controller and would also help you save the last 15 minutes of your gameplay footage. This being said, PlayStation 5 takes it to a new level altogether. It gives you more control and keeps you in charge of the capture and recording processes. And here’s what you need to know about it.
The Sony PS 5 Dual Sense controller Is equipped with a create button that can do this stuff. Being a successor of the Share button from your dual shock controllers for your PS 4, this button justifies and does much more than the share button.
How to take a screenshot or videos on PS 5
Taking a screenshot on a Sony PlayStation 5 is pretty much easy using your dual sense controller. Follow the below-given steps carefully to take a screenshot on your PS 5.
- On your dual sense controller located on the top left, designated by a three-line icon, there is a button called Create button.
- Push the create button once to pause your gameplay and enter into the create menu.
- A menu will pop up asking you to begin recording or take a screenshot or start broadcasting.
- On the screen select take screenshot.
- Your screenshots will now be same saved in Gallery view.
- The picture will be in the form of.png or.jpg image.
Note: Instead of going through the above-given process, you can just hold down the create button for a few seconds to take a screenshot.
How to record a video on PS 5
While the PlayStation 4 would let you record the last 15 minutes of your gameplay, Sony PlayStation 5 made it even better. PS5 will let you capture the last 60 minutes of your gameplay.
So in order to Record your gameplay on PS 5. Follow the given process:
- While playing a game, push the create button on your pH 5 dual sense controller.
- A create menu appears. Now in this create a menu toggle to start a new recording.
- This option will be right beside the take screenshot option.
- After you select “start new recording” a black box with a timer will appear on the top right side of your screen.
- Hitting the create button again will stop the recording.
- After stopping the recording, you need to wait for the confirmation that appears on the top right corner of your screen. A real with a tick mark appears. This will indicate that the last video has been successfully saved.
Note: You need to keep in mind that the video recording will only last 60 minutes.
How to record and save recent gameplay
Now, most of you might have a question about how to save your gameplay if it exceeds the 60-minute mark. The makers have also come up with an alternative for this. PS Five will also let you record and save your recent gameplay. You can, later on, use this recorded gameplay to upload it anywhere. This is possible by the save recent gameplay option available. Follow the given steps carefully to use this feature.
- Push the create button and open create menu.
- Just like earlier now toggle over to save recent gameplay. This option is to the right of start a new recording.
- Click on save recent gameplay.
- You will be provided with two options. The first one being, save the short clip and the second one saving a full video(60min).
- In the same short clip option, you will have an option to save the last 15 seconds, 30 seconds, two minutes, 5 minutes, 15 minutes, or 30 minutes at a stretch.
- But if you select save full video the last 60 minutes of your gameplay will be recorded.
Note: Double Press the create button swiftly to save the last 30 seconds of your gameplay video.
How to edit and share your screenshots On Sony PS 5
You will have an option to edit. Or share your recently captured screenshots directly from the Creative menu. Follow the below-given steps carefully to know, how to share Screenshots from your PS 5:
- Press the home button on your PlayStation console to go to the home screen.
- Now open the game library that is present in the top right of your PS home page.
- Now click on the install tab and you will find the media gallery at the bottom.
- Or if you recently took a screenshot of an image or a game, you can select the games to tab on the PS 5 home screen and find the media gallery right in the list of games that you played.
- Now select the content that you want to share.
- Click the share button that is available in the on-screen menu.
- You will be able to share your gameplay with your friends., social media, YouTube, Twitter, and Twitch.
Sony has brought a considerable number of updated features to PS 5 compared to Ps4. Be it the dual sense controllers are the extension of recording 15-minute gameplay to 60 minutes gameplay. Sony PlayStation 5 will also allow you to stream your games directly onto Twitch, YouTube, and other game streaming websites. This was the most sought-after update and Sony to care of it. The PS 5 and the PS 5 digital edition are currently in high demand and are available worldwide. The exclusive extension of Game Universe and the announcement of exclusive PS 5 titles has only added to the crazy demand for the console. To know more things about how to take a screenshot on your Nintendo Switch, Xbox, Or any other gaming console, Keep visiting this space.
Leave a Reply