There are several ways to take a screenshot on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac devices. Sometimes when you want to take a screen capture of the full webpage, that is available on your Safari browser. Safari has a built-in way of taking a screenshot of an entire web page. In this article, we will come to know how to take this long screenshot on your iOS devices or Mac devices using safari.
This article will make you learn exactly how to use the latest iOS and iPad OS releases to successfully take a screenshot and save it as a PDF file that can be later shared or saved locally. Web browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge have been having these features for quite a long time now and the safari browser has started to work on it now.
Take Screenshot using Safari Browser on iPhone, iPad & Mac
Apple has introduced this feature along with the iOS 13 update. So you need to make sure that you are running on the iOS 13 on both your iPhone and iPad. Now let’s look at how this works.
How to take a full-page screenshot in safari on iPhone and iPad:
- Open the Safari Web browser from your home screen on your iPhone and iPad.
- Visit the website or web page that you want to take a full-page screenshot of your iPhone and iPad.
- Now all you have to do is press the power button and volume up button simultaneously to take a screenshot.
- In case your device has a home button, click on the home button and the power button at the same time to take a screenshot. This is how you normally take a screenshot on an iPhone or an iPad, but this is where all the magic starts for taking a long screenshot.
- After the screenshot is taken you will find a thumbnail at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Tap on this thumbnail. And bring up the markup and sharing options menu for that screenshot.
- Now as the screenshot is displayed on your screen, you will notice 2 tabs at the top of the screenshot.
- Out of the 2 options, screen, and full page. select a full page to get a preview of the entire web page on the right pane.
- Tap on done at the top left corner of the page.
- Your device will now prompt you to save PDF files. This will save your screenshot as a PDF file.
- The next option will help you choose where you want to save your screenshot. Once you select the folder that you want to save, tap on save.
- This is how you take a screenshot of a webpage in your safari browser on iPhone and iPad.
How to take a screenshot using Safari browser on your Mac:
To take a full screenshot using the Safari browser on your Mac device follow the below-given steps very carefully.
- Open the Safari browser on your Mac.
- Open the website that you want to take a full screenshot of.
- Click on show reader view.
- From the menu bar present on the top, select File > Export as PDF.
- This will prompt you to select the location that you want to save it and then click on save.
- Your screenshot is now saved. And is ready for future use.
Checkout: Reduce Screenshot Image or file size on iPhone and iPad
Being one of the most prominent browsers in the smartphone market, Safari was late to this party. Better late than never, Apple has delivered the screenshot option on your Safari browser as promised. And especially for Mac users, there is also another way where you can print or export the page contents to PDF, from the Safari Reader page, or directly. So, this is how you take a screenshot using the Safari browser on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. We hope this article has been beneficial for you and more updates regarding these articles. For screenshots, keep visiting this space.
Leave a Reply