There are a number of ways to take a screenshot on your Windows 10 computer. But keep in mind that not every way shows you where exactly your screenshot is saved. The location where your screenshot is saved on your Windows 10 computer depends on the way a screenshot has been taken. So if you are one of the persons who is wondering where your screenshots were taken on your Windows 10 computer are going. Keep going through this article because in this article we will try to explain to you how and where the screenshots on your Windows 10 computer go. And also let’s look at how to change the default location of your screenshots on your Windows 10 device.
Firstly, let us know how many ways are there to take a screenshot on Windows 10. Exactly how to use them and where the screenshot will be saved each time.
- PrtScn key.
- Windows + PrtScn key.
- Snipping tool.
Let’s address each of them one by One
Recommended: Top 5 Best Screenshot Apps & Software Tools for Windows
How to find screenshots on Windows 10?
Now that we know several ways to take a screenshot on your device. Now let’s dive deep into and know where to find the screenshot every time you take it in a certain way.
If you take a screenshot just by pressing the print screen key, then you won’t be able to find your screenshot anywhere on your Windows 10 device. This is due to the fact that while you press a print screen key, the screenshot will only be saved onto your computer’s clipboard and you will have to paste it on any program such as paint, word or any canvas to view and save it.
Windows + PrtScn key:
If you have taken a screenshot by pressing the Windows + PrtScn key button, Follow the below-given steps carefully to view your screenshots.
- Open your library or File Explorer.
- In the left menu sidebar, Click on this PC.
- Find the Pictures folder and click on it.
- In the pictures folder, locate the folder named screenshots.
- Once you open this folder, you will be able to view all the screenshots that you have taken Using Windows + PrtScn key.
If you take a screenshot by using the screenshot ING tool called Snipping Tool. Every time you take a screenshot using the snipping tool, You will be asked to pick the destination folder for each and every picture that you take. This is the easiest way, and in case you forgot where you saved your last screenshot. All you have to do is take another screenshot and see where it’s being saved. Your last screenshot will also be in the same place. If you want to know more about screenshots then visit our homepage.
How to change the default location of your screenshots in Windows 10?
If you want to change the default location of your screenshots to your desired location. Or if your destination folder for screenshot has been changed and you want to set it to the default settings. Then you need to follow the below-given steps carefully.
- Open File Explorer.
- Now navigate to a place where you want your desired screenshot folder to be saved.
- Create a folder with the name of your choice, preferably screenshots.
- Now again go to This PC in the library.
- Find and double-click on the pictures folder.
- In the pictures folder, right-click on the screenshots folder.
- In the right-click pop-up menu, go to properties.
- Once you open the properties folder, you need to click on the tab that reads location.
- Here you will be shown the screenshot folder’s current location.
- To change the folder location, click the move option that is available below.
- A new explorer window will open and now navigate to the new screenshot folder that you made earlier and select it.
- After selecting the desired folder. Click a select folder in the bottom right corner of the dialogue.
- Press okay or apply to change where the print screen goes in Windows 10 to confirm the folder.
- Windows will now ask you if you want to move all the screenshots from the old location to the new one.
- Click on yes if you want all-year-old screenshots to relocate to the new screenshots folder.
- This might take a while depending on the number of screenshots that you already have in your previous folder.
- Once all the screenshots are now relocated to the new folder. Every new screenshot that you take, will now be saved in the new screenshots folder.
As mentioned earlier, in a scenario where you want to change the screenshots folder location to the default location. Follow the given steps
- Right-click on the screenshots folder.
- in the popup menu click on properties.
- Go to the location tab
- Select restore default
- Click on apply and ok
- Follow the prompts by the system to create a new folder if you don’t have a folder.
- All your new screenshots will now be saved in the default location.
Checkout: How to Fix screenshot error on Windows Laptop
Congratulations, you are now aware of the ways to change the location of your screenshot folder and where they are being saved on your Windows 10 device. For a total in-depth article on how to take a screenshot on your Windows10 device and the number of ways, you can take a screenshot on your Windows 10 device Go through the links. Also, let us know if the above process is easy? Or do you find it hard to change the location of your screenshots folder in the comments section below?
Leave a Reply